Interior and infotainment review- carwow - 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 11-30-2018, 09:56 AM Thread Starter

Interior and infotainment review- carwow

This video is in regards to last years model, but it still gives a good overview of what to expect from the Outlander PHEV in terms of technology. I believe that Mitsubishi has already made some improvements to loading times and sensitivity of the touch screen for 2019.
post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-01-2018, 01:28 PM

You aren't going to get a system like you see in hybrid models from premium brands, but I think it's adequate for this segment. Most issues with the software should be able to be addressed with software updates.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-03-2018, 05:12 PM

the biggest thing to look forward to will be range since Mitsubishi has committed to increasing it

as much as I dislike other aspects of the outlander, industry-leading range will keep it successful
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 10:07 AM Thread Starter

The interior design and infotainment system is obviously a bit dated when compared to other new models, but this is fairly typical from Mitsubishi. At least they've built in Apple Car Play functionality from the get go.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-04-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
The interior design and infotainment system is obviously a bit dated when compared to other new models, but this is fairly typical from Mitsubishi. At least they've built in Apple Car Play functionality from the get go.
I agree but they have been depending on an older demographic, now that won't be the case if they fail to adapt in adequate time.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 10:16 AM

They will definitely lose out on buyers from younger demographics with the current tech the Outlander is using. While empty switchgear is normal for vehicles in this price bracket, I personally think that hybrid/electric vehicles should have a much stronger focus on their technology.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-05-2018, 04:04 PM

So far the new Eclipse Cross seems to be changing that and pulling in more buyers so if we are to see more tech on a higher volume product, it might be the EC.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Its also probably a natural progression of the EC for Mitsubishi to electrify it in future generations. I'm actually surprised it didn't launch with one, since the system has already been developed.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 12-14-2018, 03:49 PM

IMO the Eclipse Cross would need major styling upgrades if it were to go fully electric, but as a PHEV sharing a similar powetrain to the Outlander can happen under the current design.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page