2019 model priced - 2018 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV Forum

post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-13-2018, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

2019 model priced

Mitsubishi has just announced pricing for the 2019 Outlander PHEV, and it seems like the model will have a starting MSRP of 34,255. Its already available to order in Europe, and continues to be the best selling PHEV over there since 2015. Here's a breakdown of tech by trim level:

4h
-LED headlights
-leather interior
-surround-view camera
-blind spot warning and rear-cross traffic alert

4hs
-extra high tech safety gear, including adaptive cruise control, forward collision mitigation, lane departure warning, and front and rear parking sensors.
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2018, 03:30 PM

I was a bit concerned about the leather seats because in an SUV you can throw around, those leathers wouldn't hold you. However the bolsters hold me in well enough.
Still wish there was some alcantara mixed with leather sort of like what German brands do
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 11:35 AM

It's impressive how much tech Mitsubishi is bundling into the Outlander at this price. All of the sales its seen already, have obviously allowed them to bring down the costs of production. I know they have another electric crossover in the pipeline, I just hope its not under the Lancer nameplate.
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-19-2018, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Mitsubishi has been smart to focus on an electric SUV first, as being the sole option has really bolstered their sales. It'll be interesting to see what demand stays like once the Niro and Kona EV are introduced.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 11:36 AM

Neither of those models offer the space/utility found in the Outlander. And another important note is the fact that the PHEV variant continues to get closer in price to the petrol model. Depending on your region they now only vary by a couple grand.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-21-2018, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
Mitsubishi has been smart to focus on an electric SUV first, as being the sole option has really bolstered their sales. It'll be interesting to see what demand stays like once the Niro and Kona EV are introduced.
Actually, for a brand that needs more models to sustain itself, they should have gone with gasoline cars that could rival Mazda, and no one needs to explain the level of success that Mazda has seen with its new products. Even Toyota didn't rush into hybrids as fast as Mitsubishi. Makes you wonder what actually are the smart choices.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-29-2018, 11:18 AM Thread Starter

I don't really think it makes sense for a brand that still trying to get back on its feet, to invest money into old technology. It would requite a huge investment for them to get even close to what Mazda delivers with their Skyactive tech. Reinvesting in where they are currently seeing success makes the most sense to me.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 09-11-2018, 01:09 PM

I think it'll also make them more marketable to other well established brands that might want to partner up. Powertrain choices influence platforms so Mazda needs to think long and hard.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page